Louisiana charter school tells pregnant girls to choose between home-schooling and expulsion. Wait, what? -
In a Louisiana public school, female students who are suspected of being pregnant are told that they must take a pregnancy test. Under school policy, those who are pregnant or refuse to take the test are kicked out and forced to undergo home schooling.
Welcome to Delhi Charter School, in Delhi, Louisiana, a school of 600 students that does not believe its female students have a right to education free from discrimination. According to its Student Pregnancy Policy, the school has a right to not only force testing upon girls, but to send them to a physician of the school administration’s choice. A positive test result, or failure to take the test at all, means administrators can forbid a girl from taking classes and force her to pursue a course of home study if she wishes to continue her education with the school.
Charter school or not, this seems like a pretty open violation of what should be an obvious example of a person’s right to privacy.
14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools -
1. Dinosaurs and humans probably hung out
2. Dragons were totally real
3. “God used the Trail of Tears to bring many Indians to Christ.”
4. Africa needs religion
5. Slave masters were nice guys
6. The KKK was A-OK
7. The Great Depression wasn’t as bad as the liberals made it sound
8. SCOTUS enslaved fetuses
9. The Red Scare isn’t over yet
10. Mark Twain and Emily Dickinson were a couple of hacks
11. Abstract algebra is too dang complicated
12. Gay people “have no more claims to special rights than child molesters or rapists.”
13. “Global environmentalists have said and written enough to leave no doubt that their goal is to destroy the prosperous economies of the world’s richest nations.”
14. Globalization is a precursor to rapture
Click through for the crazy deets.
Being body positive doesn’t mean you have to find every body type attractive. It’s okay to not find thin girls attractive, or only be attracted to meaty boys. It’s also okay to not find fat girls attractive, or to only be attracted to skinny boys. Or anyone in between! Just as long as you recognize that it’s only your personal preference and not some kind of fundamental flaw in people you don’t find attractive, you’re golden.
(Source: doctor-ladybutts, via ohai-mg)
I feel like there’s been a lot of huff lately over two men loving each other… Comic credit Monte Wolverton/caglecartoons.com
Live Video at 1 p.m.: NYS Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli addresses the Press editorial board | Press & Sun-Bulletin | pressconnects.com
Photo by campychk • Instagram
Local fracking bans under threat